Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A sunny, stormy day at Sesame Place



A couple weeks ago, my mom and I took the boys to Sesame Place, where "we became kids again". My friend, Nicole, arranged a group of 15 moms/kids to get together and buy group tickets at almost half the cost, which made a HUGE difference, considering how outrageously expensive the regular tickets are. We had a wonderful time even though the weather was a bit on the cool side, with some thunderstorms rolling through. This actually worked out to our advantage because there were not a whole lot of people there, so no waiting in lines, which can really make me crazy, especially when a whiney voice incessantly asks "how much longer?"  So, it was nice and relaxing, but cold, on the many water rides. My mom was such a trooper. She was shivering, but still had a smile on her face, ready to have more fun. What a fabulous Nana! 
Here you see Ivan in a train car, my mom and Vic climbing on the nets, and Vic and me on Super Grover's Viper Trail, a roller coaster that we went on FIVE times, the last time resulting in some major nausea on my part. As you can see from the intense excitement on Victor's face, this was his favorite ride, which has caused him to think Grover is "super cool."

No comments: