Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spazzola

It's Wednesday night, around 8:30.  The house is quiet, my boys all peaceful in slumberville.  "Ahh, finally some Wendytime," I said to myself. "I am going to totally veg out."  But first I decide to fill up a big glass of water and put a splash of Braggs apple cider vinegar in it because they say it is very good for you, with energizing and healing qualities.  Both young lads have colds and I feel a little under the weather,  in need of a healthy boost.  Just after putting the lid back on, there is a moment that I stare at my bottle of vinegar, probably a small grin on my face, thinking how great it is to have a brand new 32 oz. bottle from Whole Foods.  Well, I don't know if this ever happens to you but sometimes when I am holding something, the object is literally thrown from my hand without my having done a thing. No movement on my part, nothing. This darn glass bottle went flying out of my butter fingers, making a huge crashing sound. Well, thank goodness no one awoke and the glass didn't break, but a bunch of my beloved vinegar spilled all over the kitchen floor and the lid cracked in three places.  After superglueing the lid back together (I am an expert supergluer at this point), I look at the brownish puddle and remember that vinegar is supposed to be a good cleaning solution, so I get down on my hands and knees and scrub the entire kitchen floor.  It needed to be cleaned anyway. So much for relaxing. 

3 comments:

Wendy's Brother said...

I'm sure Bryan found it hilarious that you dropped vinegar all over the floor. He loves it when you do things like that. In any case, it's good that you cleaned the floor. Mom would be proud. Don't at least half of all your childhood memories of her involve her on her hands & knees wiping down the floor? No wonder she got tendonitis. Thank God she didn't used to use vinegar to clean with though. I would have been vomiting constantly. I hate that smell more than anything. It's worse than the B.O. of a homeless person.

Wendy Hitch said...

I don't think it smells THAT bad. And didn't you already throw up constantly? The first thing Bryan noticed was the potent smell, and he actually looked at my blog and found the explanation. He wasn't surprised.

Wendy's Brother said...

Oh geez.  Is that what we've come to? Husbands have to read their wives' blogs to find out what's going on in the house?