Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Brave Young Man



Although he is absolutely obsessed with the natural world, Victor is a true city boy. He is easily spooked by the woods, especially at night (which is understandable).  I do believe he has gotten over his fear of owls, although the thought of seeing their big glowing eyes staring at him through the dense foliage really freaks him out in a major way.  
The forest photo was taken a couple weekends ago right outside the Cape May Zoo.  I'll have you know, he is not happily frolicking through the trees but rather nervously and quite spastically running as quickly as possible, yelling "Mommy, Mommy, I'm scared." You see, he had bravely wandered off a little distance from the picnic table where we were eating lunch when he says he saw "two so scary things. Something moved in a bush. It was probably a big black bear (ohhit ohhit) and then a bee flew in his... well, close to his eye." 
The second photo is of a very excited boy, who just found a sea purse.  This is big, folks.  The boy lives and breathes sea creatures. After he found one, he was on a serious mission to find more, which with the help of Daddy, he was successful.  When I asked him if we should bring them back to Nana and Pop Pop's beach house, he looked at me like I was nuts.  "This is a living organism, Mommy, not a decoration."  I should have known.

  

5 comments:

Wendy's Brother said...

You have got to be kidding. Was that an actual quote? Did he actually say "living organism?" I think the back of my head just blew out.

Wendy Hitch said...

It is the truth. He is always pretending with microscopic things that he says are "singe-celled organisms." It's too much, I know.

Wendy Hitch said...

spelling error- single. not singe

NME said...

It's now been proven that Victor is smarter than I. I must confess I have no damn idea what a sea purse is - possibly a mermaid clutch?

Wendy's Brother said...

"mermaid clutch" = very funny

Wendy -- The kid is absolutely too much. I don't even know what the heck to do with him. He is smarter than all of us.