Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wanna be a cowboy?

This past weekend, my parents treated all their kids and grandkids to an overnight stay on a dairy farm in Lancaster county. We all had a really wonderful time, especially the children. We were able to feed all the different animals and even milk a cow, which Vic decided against at the last second. I think the overwhelming smell of manure made him grossed out. Anyway, above you can see Victor and dear Aunt Rachel checking out the bunny house. And below is Victor, looking a little scared, with some big momma cows walking behind. 
Ivan smiled like this practically the entire time we were on the farm. I think he liked the fresh country air, but I know his favorite moment was getting a fistful of horse poop and squeezing between his fingers before I had a chance to stop him.  Nasty.
Pat the bunny. (One of his favorite books at the moment actually.)
Nana demonstrates for her boys how to feed Brown Sugar, the cute and very hungry goat. 
Here are Daddy and Ivan, witnessing the rooster and geese feeding session.
Uncle Jon assisted the children.
Vic with Brown Sugar again.
More tire swing action.
A peaceful moment with my babies. 
I don't know. I'm pretty sure they liked it here. In fact, Victor has not stopped asking when we were going to go "back to the farm." 

No comments: