Monday, December 8, 2008

Believe.

Today was our annual "Christmas in the City" trip with my mom and my brother's family. We did the Reading Terminal holiday train display, Wanamaker's (Macy's) light show, the same one that I have many memories of seeing as a child, a stroll through Dicken's Village,  a visit and photo with S. Claus and then a final stop at the giant Christmas tree at City Hall. We spent the remainder of the day playing, eating, talking, laughing at my parent's place. It was loads of fun, but I am almost too tired to form a sentence. 
Regarding the picture, Ivan is clearly not wanting to be on Santa's lap but he enjoyed observing him from a distance and even gave a high five to the jolly ole' St. Nick. Victor was very serious and told Santa as soon as he got on his lap that he wanted some mythical beasts book and a paint your own dragon kit that he saw at Barnes and Nobles. Hope they are still there. He is holding up his favorite toys of the week, a yoda head space craft and a cut-out of a spider monkey (from Spy Kids 2).
Must. Sleep.

2 comments:

NME said...

I love a good Santa action shot. When you look back on this photo it will so clearly tell a story.

Wendy's Brother said...

I think my eyes almost shot out of my face when I saw this picture. This is sooooooooooooooo hilarious!!!! It's crazy! I think it's Victor that takes it to another level. He is so deadly serious about these two things he's holding. And why the heck is he even holding them/presenting them to the camera while sitting on Santa's lap? It is such a kid thing. He's proud of them and wanted them there for this important event, but it only makes sense because he's a kid. Kids are nuts.

Even still, it is kind of surreal. Ivan looks like he suddenly found himself in a situation that he really wasn't anticipating at all, while Victor looks like he is exactly where he's supposed to be. It's down to business. Here's Yoda. And here's a cut out of a spider monkey. Meanwhile, poor Santa looks like he's completely numb.

Classic.