Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Sound of Silence.

It is two days after Christmas and all through the house, not a creature is stirring, not even a cat. 
Finally, I am a getting a moment's peace. Ivan is taking his now one nap of the day and Victor is with his pop and the rest of the Hitch crew at the Please Touch Museum. Don't remember the last time I was able to catch up on my thoughts. Looking back on the past several days,  I can say it was a really lovely Christmas. We have been spending tons of time with family, in fact, today we will be going to my aunt and uncle's house for yet one more day of holiday indulgence. I swear I have gained at least 10 pounds, but I refuse to get on the scale to check. 
Both boys were totally thrilled with what Santa brought them. For Vic, it was a dragon Christmas and for Ivan, horses. Some of the gifts are already lost or broken. Imagine that.
As for me, I am absolutely wasted. Feel like I have had a cold or have been fighting a cold for several months. Trying to take care of the boys and keep the house from looking like a pig sty with no energy makes me feel overwhelmed and sort of blue. I believe my fatigue is due partly to hormones, partly to all the holiday mayhem but also I think having no time to myself is having an affect on my whole outlook on life. In 2009, I need to have some sort of real Wendytime. I haven't figured out what that may be yet. Maybe some sort of exercise class, like yoga, or even more appealing at the moment, a weekly movie night with my girlfriends. I don't know. I just think I need to make more time for myself or else a cranky lady, who has been appearing from time to time and whom no one likes, including myself, will be here to stay.   

1 comment:

NME said...

Mark said "Did you read Wendy's post? It's a nicer version of yours." Ha.
So I feel ya.
I've never seen that cranky lady. You always seem like amazing sweetness and light to me. And I'm baffled by how you are doing it.