Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Can anyone guess what flavor of water ice Vic had today?



I will give you three choices from which to guess. (This is going to be tough.) Was it lemon, cherry or blue raspberry? I know this is very difficult to determine.  
So, anyway, we went for a walk in the neighborhood this evening, heading straight for the water ice joint, located a couple blocks down the street. So far this season, Victor has been happily sticking to our favorite flavor of lemon, which is all I ever get. But recently he has been expanding his refined palette and asking to try some new flavors. Needless to say, this one he really loved. We sat at the table for quite some time, enjoying our refreshing sweet treat. Once I finished mine, (with the help of Ivan, of course) we decided it was a good time to start our walk home. Unfortunately, as we were about a block away, he tripped and fell fairly hard on the pavement, dropping his remaining water ice. Man, did that kid cry out in sheer agony! I was certain that he would stand up with bloody knees, but as it turned out, his main concern was for his spilled, half- frozen liquid sugar, splattered all over the sidewalk. As soon as I quickly mentioned the fact that we could go back and get another scoop, his tears ceased and all was well. Sometimes, it is delightfully easy to turn my boy's frown upside down. 

1 comment:

NME said...

The kids love the blue. When we went to the beach Noah said he wanted blue water ice - I asked him what flavor that was and he didn't know - he just wanted blue.