Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tire Swing Action




Look how much fun these kids are having! 
This series was taken a couple weeks ago. We were spending the day at my parent's swim club and had just finished a picnic lunch at the playground when all this giggling and excitement erupted. While it was progressing, and even now looking at these pics, I don't know who is enjoying themselves more, the two babies and red heads (really, stawberry blondes) of the family on the swing, or silly boy Victor who is running/spinning them around and around and around... as fast as possible.  
I just love seeing their playful connections in these photos. Ivan is delightedly soaking lil' Lil up in the first two shots, and then the next one where  Victor and Ivan are looking at each other with identical gaping mouths, full of huge laughter, it just... melts my heart. These types of moments are some of my very favorite, in fact I am usually put into a blissful state while watching my guys laugh and have fun with each other and other children.

3 comments:

NME said...

I adore the gaping mouth photo. It's just one of those shots where you can feel the pure joy of childhood. You are such an amazing photographer.

Stacy and Diego said...

Wendy!!
I just caught up on all your recent posts. Your photos are amazing, so glad to see you posting them here. What a great summer you guys have had. Any chance you are around this weekend? I am coming in today and will be working in Clark Park tomorrow at the farmer's market. Maybe you could come visit me there??? Did the boys get together at all? We need to talk again soon.
Love,
Stacy

Wendy Hitch said...

I have some friends coming over for a visit, but I will really try to come see you at some point in the day! We had made a playdate with T and D, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Someone forgot about it until it was too late. Disappointing. I did get to see your baby at the wedding. He is so beautiful. He was giving Kathryn and I lots of hugs. I made him cry though when I roared like a lion, felt bad. I didn't know.
Anyway, miss you and really want to catch up.
Call me tomorrow.
Love,
Wendy