Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Picnic Party







                  WOW.  What a glorious day!
Ivan awoke at the ungodly hour of 4 am.  So, he was a bit ornery at times (and so was I,) but all in all it was a wonderful day.  Victor created some beautiful art work this morning which really made my day.  Up to this point, he has been a full-on book worm, no interest in coloring or drawing, just reading, staring at and analyzing millions of books.  But he spent a big chunk of time while Ivan napped, quietly illustrating some prehistoric fish and crustaceans. I am so thrilled that he is finally getting into it.  I love children's art work, especially my own.
  We met out dear friends for a picnic lunch at our favorite waterfront park.  It was sunny, warm and breezy- absolutely perfect weather.  Noah, the sweetest and most musical little boy, is several months younger than Vic, and Ray, who is funny and feisty and could pass for Ivan's twin, is just a couple weeks younger than Ivan.  We get together almost once a week, and the boys always have a great time together.  And Nicole is a fabulous person and a wonderful example of what a mother should be. We are so blessed to have them as friends.
  This evening, we constructed a tent in the "backyard" using old sheets and chairs.  Atari, V's future bride, came over for her weekly playdate.  They went in to play and we didn't see them again until dinner was ready.  It reminded me of my childhood days when my brothers and I spent many hours making and playing in many forts.   
 

2 comments:

NME said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. The boys look great.
God how I love Vic with his prehistoric animals. He kills me.
And I'm an example of what a mother should be - TIRED!
Backyard tents are so cool. You are like the most fun mom.

Wendy's Brother said...

It cracks me up that he's now drawing the prehistoric creatures.